Pages

Wednesday 8 June 2022

R.E - A place of Worship

 PLACES OF WORSHIP

In Room 9 we are learning about the places of worship in Jesus' time. We have been learning about the Jerusalem temple, the place where Jesus went to pray.

We have been comparing the temple to our church and were amazed at the differences, 

For example: 

- Women were only allowed in a certain place (The Court of Women)

- There was a place where money was collected. This is called the treasury. 

- The size difference! The temple is huge!

- The materials in the church were very ornamental and looked very expensive 

- Everyone is welcomed in our church and people aren't separated


Now we are recreating our own version of the Jerersulum Temple. 

First, we had to create a blueprint of our temple. This had the have the places in the temple and notes of what we would need to create it. 


Here are some photos of us working on our designs. Lots of great korero (discussion) about what we want to use to make it realistic and using math concepts. We have our blueprint with us so we can make changes as we see fit. 


Great problem solving and teamwork happening here! 











 

9 comments:

  1. Hi this is jamal from glenbrae school I really like how you guys are working.Lucky you get to play minecraft

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi this is























    hi this is Glen brae school i like you guys working

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Blakey and I am from Glenbare school, I love how you guys are doing your work. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is leva from glenbrae school I really like how you guys are working so cool and great. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello i am Katrina From Glenbrae School, I Just Want To Say That I Love Your Work Wow Love It.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is Carlos from Glenbrae school I Really like your amazing work with your building.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello New Briton Catholic school! I can see some people building the temple out of cardboard, I also can see that some kids are also building the temple but in Minecraft, lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like it wow tavyn tavyn pls now me

    ReplyDelete